From sleep wear to-day wear!!! Gooossshhhhh fashion shall be the death of many. Fashion is essentially the most popular mode of expression. It describes the ever-changing style of clothes worn by those with cultural status. A fashion trend occurs when others mimic or emulate this clothing style. Fashions vary greatly within a society over time, but also are affected by age, occupation, sexual orientation, location and social class. Today, a fashion trend starts with fashion designers, who design a spring and fall collection based on cues and inspiration they’ve gathered throughout the season. These cues can include popular culture, celebrities, music, politics, nature or something else entirely. As you read this, Pajamas’s are trending. Yes you read right, if you are not a slay queen or king, maybe you should let this trend pass you by. Cheeiiii who would have thought this day would come? Who even comes up with these things ? My fashionista at ‘His and Her closet’ says, “Changing trends in fashion have always reflected large-scale social and cultural changes and our culture is transitioning” but is this for the better or worse, be the judge.
People are now wearing bathrobe’s to red carpet events and they are rocking them for your information. so before you judge , get some fashion advice from the proprietor of His and her Closet, get an understanding of what this new trend is all about and how you can slay. The key is to aim for stylish luxe, not lazy lounge wear so to avoid looking like you’ve just rolled out of bed;
- stay away from cotton fabrics. Instead, go for soft silks and shiny satin shirts.
- When choosing shirts, look for distinguishable pyjama details – we’re talking side piping, an open neckline and loose sleeves.
- Play with proportions to add more interest to your outfit. An oversized pyjama inspired shirt and skinny jeans are a match made in heaven.
- Finishing the sleepwear look off with heels is a must, keeping your look polished, classy and chic.
- Jewelry is a great way to dress up your outfit day or night. Offset the soft fabrics with bold earrings, a statement ring or a boyfriend watch.
- Think the whole look is too feminine? Tough it up with a gold detail statement bag or leather clutch.
- Worried about how to add cover up a co-ord? Textured coats in faux fur or a belted kimono will keep the look current and sophisticated. Pairing your pyjama inspired piece with a bold red lip or a pair of shades adds just the perfect touch of glam.
The pyjamas trend is both versatile and comfy, so whether you’re running errands or heading to a work meeting , Rachael guarantees your outfit will turn heads for the right reasons!
- For brunch with the girls, team up a blush pink shirt with your favourite blue jeans and nude gladiators.
- To turn heads in a boardroom, opt for a blazer kimono with tailored trousers and a dash of red lippie.
- A night out in the town calls for a silk black pyjama inspired shirt teamed with leather trousers and killer heels.
- Shop til you drop with a loose-fitting co-ord pyjama set, clean white vest and platform sandals.
Still not convinced? See how our Fashionista made the Pyjama look her own!!
I have also been informed its floral season and from what I gather , while the floral print trend has been in full bloom for as long as we can remember, this year has brought with it over-sized floral motifs that even include 3D designs. For those less willing to live in bloom all season long, the floral trend still continues from previous years with printed pants, mini-dresses, skirts, and everything else retailers can put a flower on. Florals are all about having fun with fashion and embracing the joy and romance, go for them!!
Visit the shop at The Kampala Boulevard building F 35 for more fashion advice and don’t forget to carry your visa card, you may want to shop till you drop! How did i even forget, Every Friday you get to shop as you sip some free wine !!! Its shopping till you drop i tell you.